Outfit Surprise! StyleGenie Review


Being a remote worker, I am generally lazy to go out. I often find myself staying at home and going out only to spend time with my loved ones. I don't often get some quality time to shop for clothes and when I do, it sometimes gets so overwhelming just choosing for yourself even when you have your "pegs" in mind.

Good thing my friend recommended me to try out StyleGenie. At the time they had a sale for smart casual. At first, I was hesitant since I don't really buy clothes online but I really looked into it and read about StyleGenie and it intrigued me. They're a company that provides an alternative way of shopping for those who don't have the time to shop for clothes, those who need an extra hand in doing a wardrobe change or simply those who love surprises. On top of it, they have in-house stylists who personalize the package for you based on your preferences. Truly an innovative idea!

How it works is you just sign up on their website, fill out the necessary details which are mostly about the kind of style you want and your measurements. Personally, what I found the most fun is uploading photos of the style I want which is a mix of soft grunge and bohemian.

I paid via Paypal though there are other modes of payment available and the delivery went smoothly as it didn't take too long.


It came in a cute and pretty huge box as pictured below:


And on the inside, is a handwritten note, discount coupon and of course, my clothes.




I had a bit of a different understanding of what smart casual really means since in business school, it meant semi corporate clothes but I'm happy I got this outfit! I love how it is curated to suit my taste which is bohemian. It's a see-through off-shoulder top with details on the sleeves and a semi high waist shorts. Kudos to my stylist! It also fits me well because I took the time to measure myself beforehand. It's very important to get the measurements correct upon filling up the forms.

Since the outfit kind of fits my beach trip. I went ahead and brought it over. Here are a few snaps:



On the flip side, I saw some blogs and comments saying they didn't have a good experience with StyleGenie. I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea. Some complaints are about how they don't like the style of the outfit sent to them or how the clothes don't fit them. I'd like to stress the fact that some of these are actually preventable. First off, you have to communicate the style you want as clear as possible. Make sure that the photos you send them are of the clothes you want the MOST. When it comes to measurements, you get asked for measurements in the form and you have to take it seriously. You can't just "guesstimate" your size because you won't be able to fit these items until delivered. Although there is a free exchange, you should save yourself the hassle by communicating the info properly. To have good experiences, you must do your part as well, I believe.

Overall, I have a very happy experience with StyleGenie!



No comments