4 Reasons Why You Should Attend Creative Weekends



Today's post is just going to outline my experience at Creative Weekends.

What is Creative Weekends? Creative Weekends is a series of art and productivity talks organized by 8Letters and Lapis sa Kalye. It's held every Saturday at Buku-Buku Kafe SM Southmall branch. Every Saturday different topics would be covered. All of which aim to give a boost to creative minds.

A few weeks back I was looking for creative people to connect with in a pop-up group for an online challenge, #Braver2018. Then stumbled upon a post regarding the workshop. I inquired about it further and after learning the details, reserved some slots for my friend Princess and I in a heartbeat.
Interesting topic. Check. It was near my place. Check. Reasonable price. Check. It came with
snacks. Check. One couldn't just pass up on such an opportunity!

Here are the reasons why I think you should attend this workshop:

(c) Princess Peralta


1. You'll learn. A lot.

It's the kind of workshop that really encourages discourse.
We were provided with worksheets and rather than keeping to ourselves what we wrote, we were encouraged to discuss it. We learned from the worksheets by Cindy, from the experiences of our instructor, Al, and we learned from each other. Our topic for that day was Promoting and Selling Your Work but some attendees also had some experiences that relate to it so they also tell us about how they got to where they are now.



2. It covers all types of art.

The groups who organized the event seem more inclined to literature so at first I thought it was going to be about writing but as it turns out, you can basically apply the lessons on any type of art form you prefer whether it'd be literature, visual art, or crafting. There's no discrimination.






3. You'll meet people from different creative fields.

Because the workshop isn't limited to one type of art, you'll get to meet people who have different fortes. Some were writers, visual artists and crafters. It's interesting when they bring samples of their work.

The organizers also had their works up on sale which were really great finds. It gives you the chance to support local literature!



4. Great food and ambiance

Buku-buku Kafe really gives out an artsy vibe with their unconventional setup.
It makes for a great ambiance that'll surely get your creative juices flowing.
The workshop was inclusive of snacks at 350 PHP. At first I thought that for that price, by snacks they meant really tiny finger food so I took my lunch at home but boy, was I WRONG.
You can basically have a full meal there and should you end up ordering a dish more appropriate for snack time, the serving is quite large. I somehow ended up eating lunch twice.

All in all it was a good experience worth sharing!

If you're looking to be more creative and be active in artsy communities this year, why not join in to give yourself a head start?

The topic tomorrow will surely be good! It's about Beating Artist's Art Block!

Here are some snaps from the event:

Access the link to find out the available sched and topics:
https://www.facebook.com/events/179571526125016/


Also, here's a cool clip by Arwin Dela Cruz





















2 comments

  1. I love to write, that's why my blog is born. :D Anyways i also use to write stories but i never got to the end, before I hit the climax of the story, I make a new story LOL!. Anyways you re so lucky to attend such an event.

    https://itsbeyondimaginations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann! I can definitely relate to that! Working on time-consuming projects is very challenging but maybe better outlining can help. Thanks for reading my blog and I look forward to reading yours as well! :D

    ReplyDelete